Would you like to become a Foster Carer?
- Have tolerance and patience.
- Perseverance and understanding,
Come join our team! Become a Wandiyali Foster Carer and change a life of a foster child.
What we are looking for:
- Anyone who has plenty of time to give to a child who currently can’t live with their family.
- Have a spare bedroom and room in your car.
- Understand the importance for children to feel included in a family whilst they are in foster care.
- Can open their hearts and have more love to give.
- Someone who can help a child develop to their full potential.
- Have empathy and has good listening skills.
- Have a sense of humour and are playful.
- Willingness to support a child maintain their connection to family, Culture and Community.
You can be:
- Aboriginal or Non-Aboriginal.
- Single, married or in a defacto or same sex relationship.
- Working or not working.
- Have a diverse range of life experience.
- A parent or have a strong interest in helping children and young people.
If you are interested in becoming a foster carer, please complete a Wandiyali Carer Registration of Interest form and one of out friendly Carer Support Workers will contact you and have a yarn about fostering and answer any questions you may have.